Recipes

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How Vegan Am I Anyway?

I guess I really shouldn't label myself but I did anyway.  I carry the label of vegan by choice.  What I really am is a vegetarian who chooses not to include dairy and eggs in my diet.  It is really super hard to be 100% vegan unless you are incredibly educated since by products of animals are used for everything from additives to soap to ingredients with fancy ass names on food products and the list goes on.  I try, 100% I try to make sure nothing I eat comes from animals, in the meat form anyway.
While I am pretty ok with honey as a sweetener in my bread does that make me not a vegan?  Or does it make me someone who should be looked down upon because I chose the label?  I don't personally think so but some would certainly scoff.  Whatever, you call me what you want, I choose vegan!  The changes I have made in my life are making a difference in the world and I can handle the sneers or scoffs I might get just because not everything I do is 100% vegan.
The industry I work in and have worked in for over 20 something years of my life certainly wouldn't be considered "green" but there are no animals harmed, unless you count horses under the hood!  On a scale of 1 -10 I would give myself a 9.875 on how vegan I am.  I am vegan 98.75% of the time and I am damn proud of it!  Why shouldn't I be?  I am living a healthier lifestyle, saving countless lives a year (including my own), doing my part to help feed others who go hungry, helping conserving the life blood of humanity by the truckload, (water) and helping others anyway I can who may choose to do the same.  So in my mind I am definitely vegan living a vegan lifestyle.  Maybe I am veganistic, or practice veganism, or perhaps veganish, maybe veganlike or my personal favorite wannabevegan, whatever it is I am very happy my wife suggested we follow this lifestyle, it is without a doubt one of the best things I have ever done!
Thanks for visiting the blog,
Until next time,
Kel

Watch my journey unfold as I try to lose 25 pounds in the 31 days of July on my other blog Weight Loss HQ!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment